Monday, December 5, 2011

DIY- Vintage Sleigh turned Holiday Glam

Last week I came across a wonderful gold vintage metal sleigh that I knew had sooo much potential to be glamorous! After I cam home with it I ran off to Michael's for some supplies. This was super simple and took about 15 minutes to complete.
Here's what you need:
Mixture of holiday plants- Poinsettias, ornaments, pine cones, or other pretties!
Garland- the amount will depend on the size sleigh you are working with. I used about 4 feet
Glue Gun

Wire Cutters
You can use whatever glue you want, I just love my glue gun!
This is the vintage sleigh I picked from the thrift store.
Cut however much garland you need to wrap and put in the sleigh. I did not glue down this part as it stayed in there good by itself.
Cut different pieces off your flowers and other accessories. I first stuck everything in without gluing just to see the placement and move around items if I wanted to.

Once you have everything where you want it, pull each item out and begin gluing them into the green garland.
Then just keep working around the sleigh. It just came together so pretty!
Here's the top view. All finished! I love how easily this transformed into something glamorous. It looks wonderful on the end of our buffet. All in all I think this cost less than $10 for the sleigh and the supplies....love budget friendly ideas! What items have you transformed this holiday season? Let me know, I would love to hear.

♥ Jen


Linking up over at Thrift Decor Chick

No comments: