Monday, July 9, 2012

Weekend in Pictures

We had such a wonderful weekend, and I hope all of you did as well. We enjoyed lovely fireworks, weather and food. Over the weekend I did a little shopping by myself since it was over 100 degrees here and just too hot to take little ones out. In the picture above, I found this unique cocktail fork set made of some type of horn and made in Spain. It fit into a little space on my bar cart perfectly!
At a little furniture and home accessory consignment store, I found this inlaid Italian handmade checkerboard. It has some of the most beautiful color wood inlay that I have seen in a long time.
It has has these little slide out compartments to store the checker pieces, and folds up into about the size of a cigar box. This unique item was only $18.95, and I can't wait to find the perfect place to display it.
Over the past week I decided that I NEEDED to have a campaign style chest. I have seen many fabulously redone campaign dressers and other furniture pieces on pinterest. I initially was looking for a dresser, but I found this one at the Goodwill, and I think it will provide so much extra storage that I need in my office. It's a little rough on the top and it is missing one of the corner brackets, but she has soooo much potential and I can't wait to make her beautiful again. I'll post an update when I am done refinishing it.
After researching campaign furniture on the Internet, I came to the conclusion that it may be very expensive to acquire. I couldn't believe that on my very first weekend of looking for one of these pieces, that I was able to score one at the Goodwill for only $9.97! Crazy awesome deal....I almost couldn't contain my excitement.
What July 4th weekend would be complete without gorging on some yummy and festive cookies! Let me know what you did over the weekend and any ideas that you might have for paint colors for my new campaign chest.

♥ Jen

No comments: