Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Weekend in Pictures

It has been a busy couple of weeks around our home. Summer is in full swing and vacations are in the air. Posting has been a little sporadic as of late....we've been camping, to the beach and NYC, the zoo and a maraud of other places.

Last weekend a couple of my girlfriends and I headed to New York City for a day of shopping and entertainment. We spent a good deal of time in the garment district oohing and aahing over the vast selection of fabric and trimming. Then we headed towards Times Square since it was so close. Now, I have been to New York City before, but for some reason never in Times Square. There were so many people and other less than exciting things....next visit I will be skipping this major tourist trap.

We decided to see the Terracotta Warriors at Discovery Times Square and it was absolutely fascinating. It was so amazing to see things that were made so long ago....soooo glad I was able to see this exhibit before it ends.

Here are a few snap shots.
I am a Project Runway geek. Here is a photo of where they film the show.
 Many, many, many people around Times Square.
 Drawing from the Terracotta Warriors Exhibit.
Terracotta Warrior.....they had a few different ones and it was just amazing to see how intricate and detailed they were. By far, my favorite stop while we were in NYC. I took way too many photos!

We will be traveling again later this week, so I won't be posting until next week. I hope everyone has a wonderful week!

♥ Jen

No comments: