Friday, May 18, 2012

DIY- Lanvin Wood and Pearl Inspired Necklace

To kick off my designer DIY of the month is a Lanvin wood and pearl inspired necklace. All of the items needed for this project can be found inexpensively at your local hobby and craft store. The inspiration necklace costs $1,560!
Lanvin Wood and Pearl Mixed Necklace. Image via
 Supplies:

6- Large Wooden Beads
5- Small Wooden Beads 
3- Pearls (same size as small wooden beads)
1- unique wooden bead (mine was 4 sided)
10- Rhinestone Rondelle Spacer Beads
Chain
Clasp
3/8" Black Satin Ribbon
Beading Needle
Pliers

*** Make sure all beads, pearls and rondelles have large enough holes to string ribbon***
 Using a beading needle, slide ribbon through.
 Start adding beads to the ribbon, use inspiration photo for correct order and placement.
 This is what you should have after all beads have been strung.
 Tie one end of the ribbon to the chain. I also tied a small knot at the end of the ribbon and frayed it out a little with my fingers to get the look of the inspiration photo.
 Slide clasp onto the other end of the beads and tie a knot.
 I again added a knot at the end of the ribbon and frayed with my fingers.
And this is the completed necklace! I am very pleased with the end result and I think it came very close to the inspiration photo. Let me know if you try this, I would love to know how yours turned out!

♥ Jen



Linking up over at DIY Showoff and Thrifty Decor Chick

No comments: