Friday, November 25, 2011

DIY-Nutmeg and Cinnamon Pumpkin Scrub

Give your skin a glow with this super easy DIY that's also budget friendly. Pumpkin is actually very good for the skin. It's loaded with antioxidants, enzymes and vitamins C and K. If used often it can strengthen skin structures and restore its softness and elasticity. When using it as a scrub it is super gentle, even for sensitive skin...and it smells super good!

Here is what you'll need:

4 tablespoons of canned pumpkin

1 teaspoon nutmeg

1 teaspoon cinnamon

1 tablespoon of milk

2 tablespoons of white or brown sugar

Mix your dry ingredients first.
Then mix the pumpkin and milk togther. I had really good intentions to use a small pumpkin Diva Darling and I picked up at the market a couple of weeks ago, but when I went to cut it open it clearly was not good anymore.

Mix the dry ingredients with the canned pumpkin until well blended. If you are using fresh pumpkin puree, yours will look much lighter than this.

Voila, use in the shower and rinse with warm water. If you would like to make a pumpkin mask, omit the sugar. After I made my scrub I still had some pumpkin left so I made a mask too. Just apply it to the skin, rest for 10-15 minutes then rinse with warm water. Don't forget to apply moisturizer afterwards.


Put in a jar for storage. You can refrigerate any unused portions, and this will keep for several days. Feel free to experiment with the amount of each ingredient to get the desired consistency. I think next time I will add some raw sugar for a little more exfoliation. The smell of this was amazing, and it was hard not to want to lick my fingers! Let me know if you try this and what you think. This was super simple and a lot of the ingredients are probably already in your kitchen.

♥ Jen

No comments: