Friday, January 6, 2012

DIY- Repurposed Clip On Earring to Ring

I love re purposing and reusing materials to make something new and glamorous. I recently went to an estate sale and picked up these clip on earrings and instantly I knew that they had potential. Using some very simple supplies I already had, I was able to re purpose these earrings into a cocktail ring. Here's how I did it.
Supplies you will need:

Pliers Ring blank- a flat surface is what you will need to glue earring to ring
Clip On Earring- You could also use a brooch
E-6000 Adhesive/Glue

First, remove the clip on portion of the earring using your pliers. You could also use a side cutter if it is difficult to remove.
This is what the back should look like once the clip on portion is removed. Your earring may look different depending on the type of clip back.
Using your E-6000 adhesive, glue the clip on portion to the ring blank.
Let glue dry overnight to ensure a good bond. This is your finished product! Super simple and takes less that 5 minutes to complete. Now you have a one of a kind piece. Let me know what you think, and if you try this project!

♥ Jen

1 comment:

Erin @ Thanks, I Made It said...

So pretty and a great way to use a clip on earring missing its mate!